PRINCE2® 7th Edition
Project Management global best practice made better!
This 3-day Foundation Certificate course provides a comprehensive coverage of all aspects of the PRINCE2 7th Edition syllabus. Exercises are based on a real life case study to ensure that participants learn the practical application of PRINCE2 theory.
The objective of the PRINCE2 Foundation Level Course is to ensure that participants will acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
The course is based on the latest 7th Edition syllabus to ensure maximum relevance. Through practice exams, workshops and evening study, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to give you the best chance for success at Foundation level.
After completing this course, candidates will understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically the candidate should understand:-
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and practices
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
Who should attend
PRINCE2 7 has been developed to be accessible to anyone, who needs critical project management skills, to deliver successfully in any role. PRINCE2 7 is for you, if you are:
- A professional working in an organisation as Project Manager, using a specific Project Management method (certified or uncertified) e.g. Project Manager, Programme Manager, Portfolio Manager, Head of PMO, Change Manager, Head of Operations, PMO Support, PMO Analyst
- A professional who works in an organisation needing project management skills in your everyday work life e.g. HR/Payroll Manager, Engineer, Architect, Service Designer, Software Developer, Marketing Executive, Finance admin, Product Manager
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
Module 1: PRINCE2 Foundation (3 days)
This module provides a comprehensive coverage of the key principles and terminology of the PRINCE2 method.
1. Introduction to PRINCE2
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- The project context
- Features and benefits of PRINCE2
- Benefits of Version 7
- Ensure continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Define roles, responsibilities and relationships
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project
- Leading successful change
- Leading successful teams
- People are central to the method
- Business Case
- Starting a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
Fees per person
PRINCE2® Foundation - Course & Exam Voucher (3 days)
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Combined - Course & Exam Vouchers (5 days)
Our Price Guarantee!
Quality usually comes at a premium, but we strive hard to offer you the best value PRINCE2 training possible - best courses at competitive prices. Contact us if you think you can get a better comparable deal on PRINCE2 anywhere else!
What you get:
- PRINCE2 Manual Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 published by AXELOS Limited - Hard Copy
- Comprehensive Course Workbook, quality colour printed - Hard Copy
- Practice Examinations
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Online Exam Voucher (3 month validity)
Participants will be provided with an online exam voucher to sit the exams at a time and date of their choosing within 3 months of the course. The web-proctored exams are available 24/7 and run by the examination institute PEOPLECERT.
*As of 01 February, 2022 paper-based exams will no longer be offered by PeopleCert the examination institute for PRINCE2®. All exams will be conducted online. During the course you will receive an exam voucher and instructions how to book the exam for a date and time of your choice within 3 months of the course.
The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- 60 minutes duration
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions per paper
- Pass mark 60% (or 36 out of 60)