This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
The ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) certification is one of the two modules leading to the ITIL Strategic Leader designation.
ITIL DITS focuses on the importance and challenges of creating an appropriate digital strategy to enable the success of businesses and how it can (and should) be integrated to the IT strategy and aligned with the wider organization’s goals. It explores the use of ITIL framework to support organizations in their digital transformation journey by providing a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and utilising the potential of modern technology to get the most value from digital technology. It also adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to the very strategic level among companies and business leaders.
ITIL4 Strategic Leader (ITIL SL) is a stream of two modules that are part of ITIL 4, the next evolution of ITIL.
The two modules are:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy
ITIL Strategic Leader recognizes the value of ITIL, not just for IT operations, but for all digitally-enabled services. Becoming an ITIL 4 Strategic Leader demonstrates that the you have a clear understanding of how IT influences and directs business strategy.
To obtain the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional or ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, you must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve being a universal module for both streams.
After achieving the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation, candidates only need to complete the ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy module to achieve the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation.
You can get a good and quick idea of the new ITIL 4 Certification Scheme in the diagram below. To obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) or ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designations you must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve being a common module for both streams.
- Demonstrate the use of the ITIL guiding principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities
- Understand how to leverage digital strategy to react to digital disruption
- Understand the relationship between the concepts of Digital and IT Strategy, the service value system and the service value chain, and explain how to utilize them to create value
- Understand how an organization uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- Understand strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- Understand the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Understand how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone wanting to achieve the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation:
- Strategy managers
- Service and product managers
- ITIL Practice owners and practitioners
- Research and development managers
- Technology managers – infrastructure and applications
- Introduction to DITS
- Key concepts of DITS
- What is the vision? - The future-state picture of
- What problems the organisation will solve for consumers
- How consumers will interact with the organisation’s products and services
- What the organisation’s people, their skills, and overall structure will look like
- Where are we now? – The context of strategy
- Environmental analysis
- Opportunity analysis
- Digital readiness assessment
- Strategy assessment
- How do we get there?
- Strategy cycles and planning horizons
- Financial aspects of DITS
- Strategic approaches
- Customer journeys
- Omnichannel delivery and support
- Customer approaches
- Optimization and automation
- Sourcing and workforce strategies
- Triple bottom line
- Portfolio optimization
- Take action! – Managing strategic initiatives
- How strategies are implemented
- Training and education
- Leading digital transformation
- Scoping digital transformation
- Strategy communication
- How do we know we are progressing?
- Metrics and measures
- Cascading requirements
- OKR framework
- Measuring progress, performance and relevance
- Reporting – operational and analytical
- How do we keep the momentum going?
- Digital organization viability
- Organizational characteristics
- Parallel operation
- Digital leadership
- Managing innovation and emerging technologies
- Approach to innovation management
- Innovation cultures
- Evaluating and adopting emerging technologies
- Managing strategic risk
- Structuring for digital business
Fees per person
ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy Course (3 days) + Certificate Exam
Live Virtual Training Course Fee Includes:
- Comprehensive ALC course workbook, quality colour printed - Hard Copy, delivered directly to you
- Official Axelos "ITIL® 4 digital and IT Strategy" Textbook - E-copy (Hard Copy available for purchase for an additional fee of $70 + GST)
- Official Assignments (4 short assignments of 1 hour each)
- Official ITIL 4 digital and IT Strategy certification online exam
There are two stages in the certification:
The first stage is successful completion of 4 short assignments of one hour each that will be highlighted during the course and completed subsequent to the course. These assignments are open book and assessed by the trainer. They require a 75% achievement (30 marks out of 40).
After successful achievement of the assignments the formal exam can be taken.
Participants will be provided with an online exam voucher to sit the exams at a time and date of their choosing within 3 months of the course. The web-proctored exams are available 24/7 and run by the examination institute PEOPLECERT.
*As of 01 February, 2022 paper-based exams will no longer be offered by PeopleCert the examination institute for ITIL®. All exams will be conducted online. During the course you will receive an exam voucher and instructions how to book the exam for a date and time of your choice within 3 months of the course. The exams are web-proctored by PeopleCert and are available 24/7.
The exam comprises:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 30 questions
- 21 marks required to pass (out of 30 available) - 70%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management OR
ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Certificate