This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
The ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT (HVIT) certification is one of the 4 modules leading to the ITIL Managing Professional qualification. ITIL 4 HVIT addresses the specifics of digital transformation and helps organisations to evolve towards a convergence of business and technology, or to establish a new digital organisation.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) Qualification
In the new ITIL® 4 scheme there are two high-level “stream” qualifications - ITIL Managing Professional (MP) stream and ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) stream.
The ITIL Managing Professional stream targets IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across businesses and provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It comprises of 3 specialist modules and 1 strategist module:
- ITIL 4 Specialist - Create, Deliver & Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist - Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist - High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve
You can get a good and quick idea of the new ITIL 4 Certification Scheme in the diagram below. To obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) or ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designations you must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist being a common module for both streams.
This 3-day course provides an understanding of the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high-velocity environments, focusing on rapid delivery of products & services to obtain maximum value. The qualification will provide candidates with an understanding of working practices such as Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as The Cloud, Automation, and Automatic Testing.
The course covers the following service management concepts and practices beyond the foundational level to guide practitioners and organisations to design, run and support the systems and services that are needed to fulfil the increasingly challenging demands in the digitally transforming world.
- Understand the concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of, and how to use the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
- Know how to contribute to achieving value with digital products
- Know how to use the following practices to achieve fast development:
- Architecture management
- Business analysis
- Deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Software development and management
- Know how to use the following practices to achieve resilient operations:
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Monitoring and event management
- Problem management
- Service continuity management
- Infrastructure and platform management
- Know how to use the following practices to achieve value co-creation with the consumer:
- Relationship management
- Service design
- Service desk
- Know how to use the following practices to contribute to achieving assured conformance:
- Information security management
- Risk management
Who should attend
The ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT course is designed for:
- IT service management practitioners who are seeking to obtain the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) designation
- IT service management practitioners who work in organisations that are becoming more digitally enabled.
- Anyone who is familiar with traditional IT and service management concepts, who needs to discuss “digital” confidently, develop practical competencies, and integrate concepts, techniques and technologies into their way of working.
1) Introduction and Recap of ITIL Foundation
2) Key concepts of high velocity IT
- High velocity IT
- Digital technology
- Digital organisations
- Digital transformation
- High velocity IT objectives and key characteristics
- Adopting the ITIL Service Value System to enable high velocity IT
3) High Velocity IT Culture
- Key behaviour patterns
- Models and concepts of HVIT culture
- ITIL guiding principles
4) High Velocity IT Techniques
- Techniques for valuable investments
- Techniques for fast development
- Techniques for resilient operations
- Techniques for co-created value
- Techniques for assured conformance
5) Exam Preparation
- Exam techniques
- Sample Exam(s)
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT
- $2,450 + gst per person
- Comprehensive course workbook - E-Copy
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT Textbook - E-Copy
- Official exam ITIL Specialist:High Velocity IT
- Online Examination Voucher (3 Month Validity)
- Available to purchase via PeopleCert - Take2 Re-sit Exam option.
The ITIL 4 Foundation Qualification is a prerequisite for the ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT Certification
Live Virtual Training – Participants will be provided with an online exam voucher to sit the exams at a time and date of their choosing within 3 months of the course. The web-proctored exams are available 24/7 and run by the examination institute PEOPLECERT.
Face-to-Face Training –As of 01 February, 2022 paper-based exams will no longer be offered by PeopleCert the examination institute for ITIL®. All exams will be conducted online. During the course you will receive an exam voucher and instructions how to book the exam for a date and time of your choice within 3 months of the course. The exams are web-proctored by PeopleCert and are available 24/7.
The HVIT exam comprises:
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 90 minutes duration
- Closed book