This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
This 5-day concentrated course provides information security professionals with a fully-immersed, minimum-distraction CISSP training and certification experience. The course covers the 8 domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge as reorganised and updated in 2021. The course will broaden and deepen your understanding of the domains and give you full preparation for the (ISC)2 CISSP examination.
The Gold Standard
CISSP is long regarded as the gold standard of security qualifications. It draws from a comprehensive, up-to-date, global common body of knowledge that ensures security leaders have a deep knowledge and understanding of new threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices. It is based on the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge) which comprises eight subject domains that the (ISC)2 compiles and maintains through ongoing peer review by subject matter experts.
To attain the CISSP certification candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of direct, full-time security professional work experience in 2 or more of the domains of the CISSP CBK. One year of work experience may be waived by (ISC)2 if the candidate holds a four-year or higher college or university degree or approved credential. Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be given Associate status until conditions are met.
Unsure if you have adequate experience?
If you are unsure whether you meet the requisite experience criteria, please refer to the (ISC)2 web site Professional Experience Requirement. Please note that (ISC)2 also offers the option to become an Associate of (ISC)2.
Live Virtual Training
CISSP is also available as Live Virtual Training (LVT). You get the same world-class trainer and the same excellent training that you would normally get from ALC. It is fully live and interactive. The only difference is that the CISSP® Certified Information Security Systems Professional course is conducted online.
Live Virtual Training has been around for quite a while and is a well-proven delivery method. Get CISSP® Training Live, Instructor Led, virtually run online from your home, office or wherever you have a computer and a good internet connection!
This 5-day training program is designed to fully prepare you for the CISSP exam. It focuses on the 8 Common Body of Knowledge areas designated by (ISC)2:
1. Security and Risk Management
2. Asset Security
3. Security Architecture and Engineering
4. Communications and Network Security
5. Identity and Access Management
6. Security Assessment and Testing
7. Security Operations
8. Software Development Security
"Hi Peter, I wanted to express my thanks for the course the other week and especially the extra day of exam prep and review. I also just wanted to let you know I took my exam this week and passed which is a testament to your training as I went into this cold with no prior prep apart from your training and the materials provided. So thanks again for all the help as I really appreciated and wish you all the best for the future."
- Live Virtual Training, May 2020
Who should attend
The CISSP is designed for experienced security professionals who want to expand their knowledge and gain an internationally recognised certification. It is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security Architect
- Security Analyst
- Security Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Director of Security
- Network Architect
Whilst anyone can attend the course, please note that the CISSP accreditation is only available to those who meet the (ISC)2 entry requirements. Refer to the EXAMS section below for more information.
This course covers the 8 domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge as reorganised and updated in 2021. All topics of the new CBK are fully covered and the course provides full prep for the CISSP exam.
- Welcome and Administration
- Course Overview
- Review and Revision Techniques
- The Exam
- On the Day of the Exam
- Exam Technique
- After the Exam
2. Security and Risk Management
- Understand, adhere to, and promote professional ethics
- Evaluate and apply security concepts
- Evaluate and apply security governance principles
- Determine compliance and other requirements
- Understand legal and regulatory issues that pertain to information security in a holistic context
- Understand requirements for investigation types
- Develop, document, and implement security policy, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Identify, analyse, and prioritise Business Continuity (BC) requirements
- Contribute to and enforce personnel security policies and procedures
- Understand and apply risk management concepts
- Understand and apply threat modelling concepts and methodologies
- Apply Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) concepts
- Establish and maintain a security awareness, education, and training program
3. Asset Security
- Identify and classify information and assets
- Establish information and asset handling requirements
- Provision resources securely
- Manage data lifecycle
- Ensure appropriate asset retention
- Determine data security controls and compliance requirements
4. Security Architecture and Engineering
- Research, implement and manage engineering processes using secure design principles
- Understand the fundamental concepts of security models
- Select controls based upon systems security requirements
- Understand security capabilities of Information Systems
- Assess and mitigate the vulnerabilities of security architectures, design and solution elements
- Select and determine cryptographic solutions
- Understand methods of cryptanalytic attacks
- Apply security principles to site and facility design
- Design site and facility security controls
5. Communications and Network Security
- Assess and implement secure design principles in network architectures
- Secure network components
- Implement secure communication channels according to design
6. Identity and Access Management
- Control physical and logical access to assets
- Manage identification and authentication of people, devices, and services
- Federated identity with a third-party service
- Implement and manage authorisation mechanisms
- Manage the identity and access provisioning lifecycle
- Implement authentication systems
7. Security Assessment and Testing
- Design and validate assessment, test, and audit strategies
- Conduct security control testing
- Collect security process data
- Analyse test output and generate report
- Conduct or facilitate security audits
8. Security Operations
- Understand and comply with investigations
- Conduct logging and monitoring activities
- Perform Configuration Management
- Apply foundational security operations concepts
- Apply resource protection
- Conduct incident management
- Operate and maintain detective and preventative measures
- Implement and support patch and vulnerability management
- Understand and participate in change management processes
- Implement recovery strategies
- Implement Disaster Recovery (DR) processes
- Test Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs)
- Participate in Business Continuity (BC) planning and exercises
- Implement and manage physical security
- Address personnel safety and security concerns
9. Software Development Security
- Understand and integrate security in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Identify and apply security controls in development ecosystems
- Assess the effectiveness of software security
- Assess security impact of acquired software
- Define and apply secure coding guidelines and standards
10. Summary and Wrap-up
CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Fee: $3,450 + gst per person, course only.
When you attend this course you receive:
- 5 full days of course instruction with Tier-1 trainer
- Comprehensive course workbook quality-printed in colour
- Official (ISC)2 CISSP Study Guide
- Official (ISC)2 CISSP Practice Tests
The CISSP exam is NOT included in the course fees. The CISSP exams are administered by Pearson Vue on behalf of (ISC)2. You must register for the exam online. See below for more details.
The course assumes you have an at least reasonable level of varied IT experience Please note that to attain the CISSP certification you must have a minimum of 5 years of direct, full-time security professional work experience in 2 or more of the domains of the CISSP CBK. One year of work experience may be waived by (ISC)2 if you hold a four-year or higher college or university degree or approved credential. Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be given Associate status until conditions are met.
For full information please refer to the (ISC)2 web site pages dealing with Professional Experience Requirement and becoming an Associate of (ISC)2.