This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
The success of business change projects is greatly increased by modelling the business processes prior to change. Modelling allows a common understanding and visibility of the current situation, facilitates the evaluation of alternative strategies and reflects the change to be implemented.
The BCS Modelling Business Processes course enables delegates to learn and practice a variety of techniques for modelling and improving business processes and for evaluating the effectiveness of change.
Modelling Business Processes is a Practitioner Certificate from the BCS Professional Certifications portfolio. It is also one of an integrated set of courses leading to the widely respected BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
The investigation, modelling, analysis, and improvement of business processes is key to an understanding of both Requirements Engineering and Business Process Improvement (BPI). These techniques and practices reduce the cost of development and potential re-work across the organisation to create high quality products and add business value.
In this course you will learn how to:
- How to apply industry standard business process modelling and analysis techniques
- Understand the framework for business process improvement within which these techniques may be applied.
- Identify and model core business processes at both the organisational and operational levels
- Analyse activities within business processes
- Analyse managerial and performance aspects of activities and processes
- Evaluate and re-design business processes
- Measure the effectiveness of the change
- Recognize the events that trigger the business processes
- Improve your business processes
Who should attend
This course is intended for those who are likely to become involved in business analysis at any level, including:
- Business Analysts and Systems Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers
- Purpose of business process modelling
- Context: organisations, systems, processes, stakeholders
- Strategic context and business goals
- Approaches to business process modelling
- Definition of a business process
2. Identifying Business Processes
- Types of processes and functional areas
- Process view versus functional view
- Value chain analysis and business performance
- Hierarchy of business processes and tasks
3. Modelling Business Processes
- Process modelling techniques (including swimlanes) “As Is” modelling
- Events and outcomes
- Actors involved with business processes
- Business rules
4. Evaluating and Improving Business Processes
- Improving Business Processes
- Analysing activities, work flow, tasks
- Problem Analysis; GAP Analysis; Root Cause Analysis
- Business process improvement
- “To Be” process model
- Identifying current and new standards and measures
- Measuring effectiveness of change: goals, measures and issues
- Challenging the business rules
- Staff performance and human aspects
- Using the business process model to identify IT requirements
- Skills profiling and staff development
- Procedure design
7. Implementation Issues
- Implementing the new processes
- Making and managing the change
Fees $ Per Person
- BCS Modelling Business Processes Certificate Course
- $xxx + GST
The fee includes:
- Course presentation, accredited by BCS
- Comprehensive ALC course workbook
- The BCS Modelling Business Processes Certificate exam
- The BCS Business Analysis Fourth Edition Textbook (ISBN 9781780175102)
- If you have recently attended the Business Analysis Foundation course with ALC, you might already have this textbook. If so, please get in touch with ALC for instructions on how to receive a discounted price covering the cost of the Textbook.
There are no formal pre-requisites to attend the BCS Business Analysis Practitioner courses. However, it is assumed that participants do have some practical experience. If you are new, or relatively new, to Business Analysis then you should first sit the Business Analysis Foundation course.
Live Virtual Training – At course completion participants will be provided by BCS the examination institute, an access code to the online web-proctored exam hosted by QuestionMark and accessed via a web browser. Access codes are valid for 6 months.
Face-to-Face Training – Online exam available only. At course completion participants will be provided by BCS the examination institute, an access code to the online web-proctored exam hosted by QuestionMark and accessed via a web browser. Access codes are valid for 6 months.
The format for the examination is a one hour multiple choice examination. The examination is closed book. Candidates must achieve 26 from 40 questions to pass. Successful candidates are rewarded the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
Examination Format and Duration