Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data ......so much that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone.
Data growth, speed and complexity are being driven by the deployment of billions of intelligent sensors, devices and platforms that are transmitting data (popularly called the Internet of Things). The data generated is known as Big Data.
Big data is more than a simply large data collection and storage management challenge. Enterprises that can make sense of it will be the big winners in this information economy. As the saying goes, “information is power”.
Big Data Framework®
The Big Data Framework® was developed by the Big Data Framework Alliance to provide a uniform industry-leading and vendor-neutral standard for big data proficiency in enterprise organizations. It provides the basis for the supporting training and certification scheme from APMG.
The framework supports organizations with the development of their Big Data capabilities. It provides a vendor-neutral, standardised approach to big data analytics, machine learning and big data best practices across any platform including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Identify and explain the Big Data concepts and definitions based on the NIST standards.
- Understand the difference between machine learning and deep learning.
- Explain what Artificial Intelligence is and demonstrate common use cases.
- Appreciate the use of Big Data Technologies in solving complex problems.
- Able to formulate and execute a Big Data Strategy.
- Understand and be able to build a Big Data Practice and Centre of Excellence.
- Communicate the importance of a Big Data Reference Architecture.
- Gain a good understanding of Statistics and Data Visualisation.
- Understand the role of key tools, such as R, Python, R Studio and GitHub in your Data Science journey.
- Confidence in understanding the influence of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Data Science in our modern digital world.
Who should attend
This course is designed for organisations and individuals that have at least 2 years of IT experience and have a passion to further their knowledge in the data domain.
No specific pre-requisite experience in data mining or analytics is required.
1. Big Data Key Concepts
- Definition and Characteristics of Big Data
- Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning
- History of Big Data
- Pattern Identification
- Types of Analytics
- Data Type Characteristics
- Role of Hadoop
2. The Big Data Framework
- Key Capabilities
- Establishing a Big Data function
- Big Data Maturity Model
3. Big Data Strategy
- How to Formulate a Big Data Strategy
- Business Drivers
- Gaining a Competitive Advantage
4. Big Data Architecture
- The Importance of Reference Architectures
- NIST Big Data Reference Architecture
- Hadoop Architecture
- System Orchestration
- Data, Application and Framework Providers
- Data Consumers
- Local and Distributed Storage & Processing
- Data Storage Systems
- Storage Mechanisms
- Analysis Architectures
- Function of Hadoop
5. Big Data Algorithms
- Descriptive Statistics
- Skew and Standardisation
- Sampling & Bias
6. Big Data Processes
- Key Big Data Processes
- Tools and Techniques
- Problem Types
- Data Analysis
- Data Governance
- Data Management
7. Big Data Functions
- Centre or Excellence
- Big Data Team
- Big Data Lab
- Proof of Concepts
- Agile Methods
- Charging Models
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Critical Success Factors
8. Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- What is AI
- Measuring AI
- Cognitive Analytics
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Knowledge Representation
- Automated Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees per person
Enterprise Big Data Certification (EBCD) - 3 days
- Course presentation
- Printed course workbook
- Full catering including sit-down lunch each day
- Certificate exam
- 90 minutes
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions
- 39/60 (65%) required to pass
- Closed book