ALC offers an outstanding two-module, four-day training program covering the full scope of AgilePM®, the world's leading framework and certification for agile project management. Developed by the Agile Business Consortium (formerly the DSDM Consortium) in association with APMG, this certification is aimed at anyone in a project environment who is looking for a leaner, structured approach that enables faster response to change and that is conducive to rapid implementation of high-priority initiatives.
Using the latest syllabus v2.0, the course will explain:
- The key Agile skills and techniques
- How an Agile project is managed
- The different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- How to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects
- How Agile operates alongside other frameworks such as PRINCE2®, MSP®, ITIL®
What you get
All participants will receive:
- ALC’s Agile Project Management course workbook
- The official Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0 written and published by the Agile Business Consortium – the definitive source for Agile
- Case studies
- Practice exams
- Foundation and Practitioner certificate exams
This course will enable participants to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
- How the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control for predictable Agile project deliveries.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at Project Managers and others involved in Project Management who want to understand how to apply Agile approaches within an overall Project Management Lifecycle framework.
1. Agile Project Management Fundamentals
- What is Agile Project Management?
- Benefits of Agile Project Management
- When to use Agile Project Management
- Preparing for a successful Agile project
- Agile Project Management Principles
2. The Agile Project Management Process
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
3. Work Products and Deliverables
- Management Products and Deliverables
- Business Work Products and Deliverables
- Technical Products and Deliverables
4. Agile Project Teams
- Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Project Team Empowerment
- Agile Project Team Structure
5. Agile Project Management Practices
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
6. Project Management and Control
- Agile Planning
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Estimating and Measurement
- Agile Configuration Management
7. Other Agile Project Management Concerns
- Agile Requirements (Functional and Non-functional Requirements)
- Agile Testing
- Quality Management and Quality Control
- Ensuring Maintainability and Scalability
AgilePM® Foundation/Practitioner Combined
Fees per person
All participants will receive:
- ALC's Agile Project Management course workbook, quality colour printedf
- The official Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0 written and published by the Agile Business Consortium. This handbook is the definitive source for Agile Foundation and Practitioner knowledge.
- Official APMG Foundation and Practitioner certificate exams
- Credly Digital Badge alongside APMG certificate
There are two exams included with the AgilePM course. Both exams are based on the new Handbook (v2.0) and are set and marked by APMG:
Live Virtual Training – Participants will sit the exam online during the course. The exams are invigilated live by the ALC trainer via the Zoom session. The online exam is hosted by the examination institute APMG and accessed via a web browser.
**Should the participant be unable to sit the exam on the day of the course, an online exam voucher can be provided. The online exam voucher is provided at the end of the course and participants are required to sit their exam via the proctoru system. For more exam voucher information, click here.
Face-to-Face Training – Participants will be provided with a paper-based exam which is completed whilst at the course in the same venue of the course itself.
The Foundation exam is held at the end of the Foundation module and comprises:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
The Practitioner exam is held at the end of the Practitioner module and comprises:
- 4 questions
- Each worth 20 marks for a total of 80 marks
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the manual only) examination
AgilePM Practitioner certification is valid for 5 years. To maintain the certification, candidates will need to complete and pass the relevant Re-Registration exam.
There are no pre-requisites to sit the Foundation exam. To be eligible to take the Practitioner exam you must have one of the following:
- AgilePM Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
This course is accredited by APMG
Choosing the right course