Microsoft Office 365 is revolutionising the digital workplace through the commoditisation of core digital services. Services that provide integrated workflow, automation and collaboration to break down organisational silo’s, visualise and improve the flow of work and empower employees to embrace a fun, productive and exciting work environment. All achieved via an anywhere, anytime, any-device, software-as-a-service (Saas) model.
Cloud Computing poses unique security challenges where data is often distributed, poorly protected with weak authentication and authorisation controls. Office 365 is no exception and comes equipped with a comprehensive suite of tools to maintain situational threat awareness, strengthen authentication and authorisation controls, help employees comply with security policies and classify data, whilst adhering to appropriate regulation, laws and corporate governance.
This unique 2-day course covers all the Office 365 business apps and services, Office 365 Security & Compliance Center and basics of Azure Information Protection and Azure Active Directory. It provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of how security is addressed through the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre, including hands-on instructor demos, Office e5 30-day account sign-up and a lab exercise.
Candidates will gain a detailed understanding of all the key Office 365, Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Active Services, across business and enterprise plans, including key integrations and security considerations that will foster employee collaboration, whilst protecting business information and data.
No development or engineering experience is required.
This course is the equivalent of a Microsoft 200 level course (refer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc558964.aspx).
It is requested that participants bring a notebook computer or equivalent with access to Office 365 E1 plan or higher. If you do not have this access, please let us know.
The key objectives of this course are to:
- Identify and explain the Cloud Computing concepts and definitions based on the ISO/IEC 17788 and NIST standards
- Demonstrate the application of appropriate security strategies and map them to Office 365 and Azure Information Protection services, features and functions
- Understand and articulate the key features and benefits for all the key services on the Office 365 platform
- Understand and articulate the key features and benefits within the Office 365 Security and Compliance Centre and the Azure Information Protection services portal
- Understand the basics of Microsoft PowerShell commands with Office 365.
- Live Instructor walk-throughs of the key security & compliance centre features, including: Secure Score, Data Loss Prevention, Data Classification and Retention, Permissions, e-Discovery, Threat Management, Data Privacy and more.
- Data Loss Prevention Hands-on Lab student lab.
- Links to compelling and engaging video content to help re-enforce learning and share knowledge with others.
- Links to specific Microsoft service documentation with coaching around how to acquire knowledge and reference artifacts quickly and easily.
- Understand the challenges associated with architecting and integrating Office 365 with an Azure Active Directory solution for medium and large organisations.
- Describe key cloud architectural concepts such as authentication, authorisation, federation, confidentiality, integrity, privacy and legal aspects such as jurisdiction and regulatory requirements.
- Articulate all the key integrations between the following cloud services:
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365
- Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre
- Azure Information Protection
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Individuals and organisations seeking an advanced understanding of Office 365 and Azure security services and features
- Managers responsible for employees that are working on Office 365 and Azure security initiatives or projects
- Technical employees involved in Office 365 and Azure initiatives or projects, such as technical project managers, business analysts, security architects, enterprise architects, solution architects and infrastructure architects.
1. Understanding Cloud Computing
- Overview of cloud computing benefits, characteristics, service models and deployment models
- Understanding cloud security service definitions, requirements and policies
- Demonstrating knowledge within key security and legal concepts relating to cloud computing
2. Overview of Office 365 Services
- Analyse and understand Office 365 readiness
- Evaluate subscription plans and options
- Exploring and navigating the management portal
- Describe the function of the following Office 365 Business and Enterprise plan services:
i. Exchange Online
ii. SharePoint Online
iv. Skype for Business Online
vi. Workplace Analytics
vii. Microsoft InTune
ix. Project Online
x. Microsoft Dynamics 365
xi. Office 365 Pro Plus Apps
xiv. Office 365 Video
xv. Microsoft Teams
- Overview of the Office 365 fast track service.
3. Overview of the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre
- Understanding the information available in the navigation pane options
- Granting permissions for compliance tasks
- Viewing and managing alert policies and alerts
- Describe the function and usage of the following features:
i. Threat management
ii. Data governance
iii. Search & investigation
v. Service assurance.
4. Understanding and Using the Office 365 Security & Compliance Centre
- Features and benefits of using the following services:
i. Email Archiving
ii. Anti-spam / Anti-Malware Protection
iii. Data Loss Prevention
iv. Device Management
vi. Preservation Policies
vii. Import Tools for Exchange and SharePoint
x. In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold in Exchange Online
xi. Information Management Policies
xii. Information Rights Management
5. Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
- Getting Started with Office 365 PowerShell
- Manage user accounts and licences with Office 365 PowerShell
- Using PowerShell for SharePoint and Exchange Online services
- Understanding and using additional PowerShell cmdlets and resources.
6. Overview of Azure Security Services
- Understanding the key capabilities, reference architectures and benefits of Azure Active Directory Services
- Evaluate free, basic and premium subscription plans and options
- Outline of the integration features between Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Understanding the key capabilities and benefits of Azure Information Protection and Rights Management Services
- Outline of the integration features between Office 365 and Azure Information Protection Services.
Face-to-face classroom training
Candidates should ideally have at least 2 years of IT experience with at least:
- 1 year working with Office 365 solutions and services
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing or administering Active Directory and Windows Server 2012
There is no exam associated with this course but all participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance